The Divisive Critical Race Theory
The American Bar Association recent discussion outlines a few key tenets of Critical Race Theory (CRT), including:
- “Recognition that race is not biologically real but is socially constructed and socially significant. It recognizes that science …refutes the idea of biological racial differences. … [R]ace is the product of social thought and is not connected to biological reality.
- “Acknowledgement that racism is a normal feature of society and is embedded within systems and institutions, like the legal system, that replicate racial inequality. This dismisses the idea that racist incidents are aberrations but instead are manifestations of structural and systemic racism.
- “Rejection of popular understandings about racism, such as arguments that confine racism to a few “bad apples.” CRT recognizes that racism is codified in law, embedded in structures, and woven into public policy. CRT rejects claims of meritocracy or “colorblindness.” CRT recognizes that it is the systemic nature of racism that bears primary responsibility for reproducing racial inequality.”
It is one thing to suggest that our institutions and laws should be examined to remove racial bias, but these precepts of the Critical Race Theory (CRT) are being used by the Left to divide the American people based on the color of their skin and create disfunction, hate, and strife of “black Americans” against “white Americans.” CRT has become the antithesis of the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King when, in his “I Have A Dream” address, he said, “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” It rejects the foundational premises of equal opportunity, equality under the law, including the Civil Rights Act, and equal individual rights – and from that perspective, argues that the colorblindness to which Dr. King spoke is not a mindset that can overcome racism but perpetuates it instead.
Epoch Times reporter Peter Svab writes that the quasi-Marxist critical race theory “has been spreading throughout academia, entertainment, government, schools, and corporations. It redefines America’s history as a struggle between ‘oppressors’ (white people) and the ‘oppressed’ (everybody else), similarly to Marxism’s reduction of human history to a struggle between the ‘bourgeoisie’ and the ‘proletariat.’ It labels institutions that emerged in majority-white societies as ‘systemically’ or ‘structurally’ racist.”
Tragically, President Biden has embraced the sophistry of the Critical Race Theory platitudes and on January 20, 2021 – day one of his administration – issued the “Executive Order On Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government,” which includes applying CRT principles in Department of Education federal grants and contracts to state and local governments. In essence, the President of the United States and his administration has become a disciple of the CRT – and is now aiding and abetting the outrageous indoctrination of our kids in their schools by the progressive-socialist movement disciples who also embrace the CRT doctrine and have infiltrated America’s public and even private schools. The indoctrination uses the “woke curriculum,” a progressive lesson plan that distorts history in order to produce cadres of future foot soldiers in the march toward socialism, “woke” being slang for “wake up kids.”
The good news is that now 22 states have legislation – enacted or pending – to ban teaching Critical Race Theory in schools. And this number is expected to grow among the states and as parents become increasingly vocal and demand that school boards end the CRT indoctrination.
In sum, Critical Race Theory has become an insidious doctrine used by the Leftist leaders, including Biden, to pray upon compassionate and caring Americans – to have them feel ashamed – and to anger racial minorities who feel marginalized and frustrated, and to use those who have embraced the rhetoric of the Left as “useful idiots” to indoctrinate America’s youth.
In this connection, it is important to understand that the CRT is only one of the prongs of an integrated strategy by the Left to use “useful idiot” foot soldiers to ultimately impose socialist utopianism and central national controls overall Americans by:
- Disemboweling the Constitution by diminishing individual rights and the states’ constitutional role by centralizing control in the national government;
- Delegitimizing and demonizing America and the truth of history under the banner of the “cancel culture;” and
- Creating class division by exploiting racial diversity, rather than recognizing that our diversity is our strength by adding “racial class” to the Marxist “economic classes” Communist Manifesto and replacing equal opportunity with “equity and equal outcome.”
What are “useful idiots”? And what is the strategy to create them?
In political jargon, a “useful idiot” is a derogatory term for a person perceived as pressing and demonstrating for a cause without fully comprehending the cause’s goals and who is cynically being used as pawns by the cause’s leaders. The term was originally used during the Cold War to describe non-communists regarded as susceptible to communist propaganda and manipulation. It has often been attributed to the Bolshevik leader Vladimir Lenin and dictator Joseph Stalin. In short, the Leftist activist leaders – the puppeteers — worked – and continue to work — to develop useful idiots from those who are not well informed, naïve, and therefore easily be manipulated into action by glowing rhetorical symbolism and seemingly moral quests.
Radical Leftist community activist and organizer Saul Alinsky clearly understood the value of useful idiots in his strategies for “community organizing,” pupils of which included Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. His goal was to create a guide in his infamous 1971 book Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals for future community organizers, to use in uniting low-income communities, or “Have-Nots,” in order for them to gain by any means necessary social, political, legal, and economic power. Among the 13 “power tactics” rules to be used by “useful idiots,” Alinsky recommends these, which underly the community-based disruption strategies in play today, of which the Left’s launch of the Critical Race Theory is but one component:
- “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also, it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.” [e.g., The Democrat political bosses and media targeting President Trump and calling him a “useful idiot” of Russia as part of their Russian dossier hoax; calling state election reform legislation as more “Jim Crow” law aimed at blocking ethnic minority voters]
- “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” [e.g., Reputational and character slurs aimed at generating hate and ridicule of conservatives and Republicans by the Left.]
- “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.”
- [e.g., Creating racial division, demonstrations, and rioting; Big Tech media suppression of conservative media; exploiting certain incidents of excessive force in which an African American is injured or killed to defund the police; extorting corporate cowardice in the face of “woke movement” challenges]
- “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. “[e.g., Attacks on President Trump, Republicans, and conservatives questioning their character and morality for their beliefs.]
Who are the “puppeteers” and their “Useful Idiots?”
The Leftist Leaders — puppeteers — cultivate “useful idiots” as part of a multi-prong coordinated strategy to weaken the fabric of our Nation by creating and inciting racial and economic division among the American people. Certainly, our diversity is a source of strength for our Nation, but the Left is perverting and sabotaging that by fueling racial hate and economic envy.
They have taken the Marxist “economic class” commentary and added “racial class” to foster discontent and anger.
The “puppeteers” of the Left appear to have these objectives:
- Disembowel the Constitution by diminishing individual rights and the states’ constitutional role by centralizing control in the national government. Delegitimize and demonize America and the truth of history under the banner of the “cancel culture.”
- Create class division by exploiting racial diversity, rather than recognizing that our diversity is our strength by adding “racial class” to the Marxist “economic classes” communist manifesto.
- Replace “Equality” with “Equity” and “Equal Outcome” using the Critical Race Theory rhetoric and indoctrination, particularly in the public schools, and economic envy and increase individual dependence upon government financial support.
They are the “unholy trinity” of (i) the partisan Democrat political bosses wanting to forever cement their power and control, (ii) “dark money” funders and (iii) media, including Big Tech, all of whom ultimately benefit financially.
Puppeteers Group #1: Partisan Democrat Political Bosses and Their Underling Followers.
These are the entrenched and “party powerful” elected officials, who propose policies and legislation designed to strengthen government control – their control — over the states and Americans, and include the Democrat Speaker of the House, Senate Majority Leader, the President, and their operatives. Their “followers” are those Democrat “elected underlings” in Congress who continue to demonstrate their fear of crossing or standing in the way of their bosses’ power-hungry strategies jeopardizes their stature and potential effectiveness in Congress. In sum, their alignment is effectively extorted by their party leadership, and in their fealty, they become “useful idiots” of the political bosses by their votes.
Today, the subservient House Democrats, with the blessing of President Biden, have unswervingly responded to Speaker Pelosi and her team bypassing such draconian legislation as:
- HR 1, called the “For the People Act,” is, in fact, a huge Democrat party bosses power grab for the federal takeover of elections, coupled with a Biden and others rhetoric to dupe the public by applying racially discrimination “Jim Crow” descriptions of state election reform and integrity laws. The primary objective of this effort by the Democrat political bosses is to squash states’ constitutional primacy and shift and increase control to a Leftist nationally “ruling party” that can pick both political and economic winners and losers. This strategy is reminiscent of George Orwell’s “Animal Farm” credo that “all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.”
The Democrat leadership is launching a parallel “elections control” effort in a bill called the “John Lewis Voting Rights Act, which would give the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division the authority to march into any election, down to the precinct level.
- HR 5, the so-called “Equality Act,” is intended to dupe the compassionate public ignorant of the implications and clearly intended to spawn widespread litigation and create further heated division in the Nation, rather than reasonable accommodation of sexuality identity vs. biological sex issues and questions as they arise in the broad range of community, educational, religious, and sports and recreation circumstances.
HR 842, called the Protecting the Right to Organize Act, is intended to increase Leftist Democrat party control of America’s industry by enhanced labor union power in most American businesses.
- The legislation called the PRO Act should be viewed as a modern version of “Workers of the World, Unite!” — one of the most famous rallying cries of communism, and which comes from Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels’ in their The Communist Manifesto,
As for President Biden’s complicity, examples include his Open Border” policy, which is proving to be an egregious assault on our Nation’s sovereignty and the safety of Americans. It is a strategy spawned by Leftists, including Vice President Harris. (i) to dupe “useful idiot” politicians, who have tried to pretend it was not a crisis and ignore their responsibility under the “oath of office” to enforce the law, and (ii) to pray upon American compassion and morality to diminish its seriousness. Moreover, Biden’s proposed runaway spending and tax increases, if enacted, will inevitably spawn inflation and high-interest rates leading to business closings and job losses, as well as increased dependency on federal government welfare and other assistance – a tenant of national socialism.
Puppeteers Group #2 — The Dark Money People.
The “dark money” people stand to gain political access and indeed collaboration by the “political bosses” and their acolytes. Indeed, the pay-off to the dark money funders have emerged as “crony” beneficiaries of directed contracts, regulatory or trade decisions, and other lucrative arrangements. In so doing, they effectively “launder funds” through pass-through disbursement arrangements to activist and campaign contribution organizations to finance the Leftist policies through the election of “useful idiot” Leftist politicians and to foster community disruptions.
Perhaps, the most infamous Leftist mega-donor is George Soros. He has worked for years to facilitate Democratic wins at both the state and national levels by funneling money through Leftist and Democrat-supporting organizations. The conservative Judicial Watch (JW) reported that the various activist and litigious groups receiving Soros funds are anti-Israel, anti-conservative judicial appointments, anti-educational choice, Planned Parenthood, and pro-abortion rights anti-voter ID and vote integrity, and for open borders and illegal immigration amnesty. Soros money also arrives at the ActBlue group, which is a legal money “launderer” funneling funds for a commission to Left-wing and Democrat politicians, including “Biden for President,” according to the Capital Research Center.
So, where does the Leftist dark money ultimately go?
In a clearly linked multi-component strategy, the Leftist dark money goes to organizations for which the objective is to create social disruption under the guise of pursuing “social justice” for those “have- nots,” those suffering or feeling frustrated and aggrieved. As a result, those “societal victims” and uninformed compassionate public become “useful idiots” and are, sadly, easily manipulated to demonstrate, vote, or even cajoled into rioting by the Left’s “street soldiers.” This then provides the media platform for the Left’s political leaders to foster enhanced power opportunities for the Democrat political bosses.
In this connection, note the progression of the following movements intended to create racial division and conflict – and to usher in the Critical Race Theory — rather than foster American solidarity, irrespective of skin color.
- Black Lives Matter using sincere people but directed by the leaders of the militant Movement for Black Lives (“MBL”) organization funded by laundered “dark money” and whose leader reportedly just purchased lavish real estate for over $2 million.
- “Defund the Police” was the second thrust of the MBL organization fostering constantly alleging police violence against blacks and causing substantial cutbacks in police budgets, clearly resulting in rapidly rising crime rates now occurring in those urban centers.
- Gun Control became the useful biproduct and complementary thrust of Defund the Police, clearly an effort to disarm the law-abiding and effectively giving armed criminals a “free pass.”
- Cancel Culture is the third thrust of BLM movement aimed at destroying American history, dishonoring those respectable and honorable leaders who were the product of their time and alleging that our Nation had its beginning in the early 17th-century slave trade rather than 1776 and the heroism of the Founders.
- Critical Race Theory became the “grand slam of the BLM movement,” alleging that we are all inherently racist at birth and indoctrinating public school students from the elementary grades through high school.
In sum, the clique of Leftist mega-donors fund outside groups that “launder” funds to leftist organizations to foment societal disruption and ultimately to culminate in “tipping” close elections for Leftist Democrats. This is, sadly, a “the-end-justifies-the-means” strategy and practice – embraced by the media — to elect Democrats and a “liberal” progressive agenda at the federal and state levels.
Puppeteers Group #3 Media Moguls and Their Alignment with the Political Bosses
“Fair and balanced,” a stated media goal of Fox News, is clearly a norm not followed by major networks like ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and MSNBC and “opinion leader” printed media like the Washington Post, the New York Times, and the other major urban papers, as they selectively report or discuss the issues to manipulate their consumers. While the major media outlets may well consider themselves authoritative, they are pawns of the political bosses of the Democrat party to whom they curry favor in their reporting and from whom they enjoy acquiring public prominence for increased ratings and the attendant advertising revenues.
Moreover, Big Tech has emerged as a significant suppressor of conservatives’ political free speech by conservative organizations and individuals through its social media platforms, including FaceBook’s and Twitter’s banning President Trump from further use – an action that can only be reasonably seen as an effort to vilify him.
Certainly, Big Tech is very reliant on its virtual immunity under Section 230 of the Communications Act as a shield against liability that serves to enhance their respective enterprise values and wealth.
Finally, the collective impact of the Leftist Democrat political leadership, including that of the President, coupled with the media’s inherent and subliminal compliance with the Leftist leaders, has apparently and mystifyingly resulted in corporate leaders bowing to the loud and media-supported “woke” rhetoric. Do they really think it is “good business” to accommodate the political Left’s rhetoric? Have they, too, become “useful idiots” of the Left. Certainly, a current example is Major League Baseball moving the 2021 All-Star game from Atlanta to Denver without reportedly having either read or compared the Georgia election law to that of Colorado.
The “useful idiots” strategy in American politics continues to be the primary tool and mechanism used by power-hungry political bosses, as well as the dark money moguls and media, including Big Tech for sowing division in America. They exploit emotional issues to manipulate Americans’ inherent compassion and consciences, such as racism, equality, and equity and frame them in a way as having no middle ground. This is simply a “divide and conquer” strategy.
The “unholy trinity” is deploying a longstanding grand plan to transform the United States into a national socialist single party-controlled country – and one that is no longer exceptional and the world leader. This challenge by the Left is an existential one for Americans and our way of life.
Certainly, until the next federal election in 2022, the states must collectively stand and reject this strategy and its components as spawned and being pushed by the Leftist Democrat political bosses – and not rest until they are stopped.