Rep. Walorski: Washington-controlled child care results in higher costs, fewer providers, less access to affordable care
“New regulations for child care providers will result in higher costs, fewer providers, and less access to affordable care for working families,” Republican Leader on the Ways and Means Worker and Family Support Subcommittee Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-IN) warns in an op-ed.
CLICK HERE to read the full op-ed.
“New regulations for child care providers will result in higher costs, fewer providers, and less access to affordable care for working families.
- “How much is the ‘Toddler Tax?’ The left-leaning People’s Policy Project estimates that wage requirements associated with the new child care entitlement could raise child care costs by $13,000 a year for unsubsidized middle-class families.
- “If Democrats succeed in jamming through their radical agenda, these programs could expire in 2027 — but the shock waves of skyrocketing costs, fewer child care choices, and lost opportunities for our children will remain far longer.”
- Already struggling with the highest price increases in 40 years, working families can’t afford a new Toddler Tax that makes child care more expensive.
- Democrats’ one-size-fits all socialist solution puts Washington – not parents – in control, and reverses long standing policy which specifies that child-care vouchers shall be considered assistance to the parent, not the provider.
- Working families who do not choose or are unable to find a Washington-directed subsidized child care provider will be left with few options under the Democrats’ plan.