President Trump delivered remarks in Arizona on protecting American security, sovereignty, and prosperity by securing our borders.
Securing Our Borders and Protecting American Communities
- President Trump is following through on his promise to build the wall and protect the American homeland.
- More than 275 miles of wall have already been completed, with more on the way.
- The President negotiated historic agreements with Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and others to help stop the flood of illegal immigration arriving at our border.
- Thanks to President Trump’s efforts, Mexico deployed thousands of troops to stop illegal aliens from making it to our border.
- Thanks to President Trump’s strong actions, border apprehensions have fallen dramatically since the peak of the border crisis.
- Border apprehensions have fallen by more than 70% since May 2019.
- President Trump has stepped up efforts to stop deadly drugs from flooding across our border.
- So far this fiscal year, CBP has seized over 100,000 pounds of cocaine, over 6,200 pounds of heroin, over 83,000 pounds of meth, and over 2,700 pounds of fentanyl.
- Thanks to President Trump’s increased border security, our law enforcement are preventing criminal alien gang members from crossing our border and reaching our communities.
- Border Patrol apprehended 976 alien gang members last year, including 464 from the vile MS-13 gang.