Think you can’t make a difference? Consider these facts from the 2012 federal election:
- Americans who are age 50 + made up a commanding 44% of the electorate in 2012
- 54% voted AGAINST President Obama
- No other age group came close to this share of voice in the 2012 election
You see, your voice is loud and growing louder every day. Did you know that one personal visit to a Congressional District office equates to that office receiving 20 telephone calls, e-mails or letters from local constituents? The visit is that impactful. Still think you can’t make a difference? AMAC is calling all Patriots to join our national grassroots outreach effort: The AMAC Delegate Program. Please take a few moments to learn about this important endeavor and consider completing an application. Thank you!
AMAC Delegate Responsibilities:
- The AMAC Delegate is a voluntary position. Delegates will call on their local Congressional district office 1-2 times per year when the Representative is in town. They will introduce the Representative and staff to AMAC on a local level, and articulate our mission and stance on the issues that matter to our members.
- Delegates will also seek to schedule an AMAC Town Hall meeting once each two year term of their local Congressman. This can be done with the help of the local district office staff. Please know that the district office staff is very familiar with these types of requests from members of organizations who reside in their district.
AMAC will support Delegates by contacting all AMAC members within their local district and providing them with the Delegate’s contact information so they may participate in visits to the district office and attend Town Hall meetings. AMAC will also provide all materials for office visits and Town Hall meetings. The Delegate will also participate in some pre-visit and post-visit teleconferences with AMAC in order to share their experiences and best practices when calling on offices and scheduling Town Hall meetings.
The Delegate Program’s purpose is to put a local face on AMAC, show the Representative that AMAC members are part of his/her constituency, and demonstrate our ability to provide conservative, free-market based solutions to the problems that affect our members and threaten our nation.