SUPPORT FOR HARD HIT COMMUNITIES
- President Trump is providing support to underserved communities hit hard by the coronavirus.
- Yesterday, the President hosted a meeting on Opportunity Zones, discussing how the Administration is helping distressed communities during this pandemic.
- At the President’s direction, the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council is refocusing its efforts on aiding underserved communities.
- President Trump is utilizing the full resources of the federal government to aid Americans of every background.
- PRESIDENT TRUMP: “As President, I’m absolutely determined to deliver a great future for Americans of every race, religion, color, and creed. Before our nation was attacked by this horrible enemy, our African American and Hispanic American citizens were prospering like never before.”
HELPING AMERICANS IN NEED
- The President signed legislation to provide direct cash payments to Americans who have been affected by the pandemic.
- President Trump secured legislation providing paid leave for workers impacted by coronavirus.
- The President’s Paycheck Protection Program is helping deliver capital to small businesses and underserved communities across the country, saving tens of millions of jobs.
- President Trump signed legislation providing $1 billion to Historically Black Colleges and Universities and other minority serving institutions that have been impacted by this crisis.
- The Department of Education temporarily delayed student loan repayments and held interest rates at zero.
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development suspended foreclosures and evictions for families with FHA backed loans.
- Last week, USDA announced the launch of the Farmers to Families Food Box program, a $3 billion program to support farmers and provide food to our most vulnerable communities.