An elegant slow cooker meal that is great to serve to company
Company coming? This quick and easy short ribs recipe is high in flavor and tenderness. And it can be prepped in minutes early in the day so that you have time to concentrate on getting ready.
- 3 lbs. of all-natural USDA Choice boneless beef short ribs, pieces cut in half (Best to buy no growth hormones, no antibiotics, no artificial flavors, minimally processed meat)
- 2 (10 ½ ounce) cans of organic cream of mushroom condensed soup (Gluten-free)
- 1 (16 oz.) package of white button mushrooms, cleaned, very end trimmed and discarded, mushrooms quartered
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsps. crushed Rosemary
- Cracked black pepper and salt, to taste
- Fresh Italian parsley, washed and chopped for garnish
Place cut meat, condensed soup, mushrooms, and water into the slow cooker. Then add Rosemary and salt, and pepper. Place slow cooker on high for about 4 to 5 hours, or low for about 8 hours. Cover and cook. Just before serving, sprinkle chopped Italian parsley over the top. Serve meat with mashed potatoes, hot buttered noodles, polenta, stuffing, pasta, or rice. *Cooking times for slow cooker are approximate. Best to follow your brand’s recommendations for cooking times.
Fun fact: Short ribs are a cut of beef taken from the brisket, chuck, plate, or rib areas of the beef cattle. They have the deep beefy flavor of chuck roast and are an excellent comfort food.