The 2022 AMAC Action Advocacy Annual Report is here! And the voice of conservatives echoed throughout the country as AMAC members participated in 65 call-to-action campaigns leaving more than 300,000 comments, messages, and phone calls for federal and state representatives, regulatory websites, and corporate executives in 2022.
The year kicked-off with successful efforts to save the Senate filibuster and block Democrat legislation to impose a federal takeover of state elections. Additional legislative victories on issues ranging from securing retirement savings, promoting election integrity, opposing critical race theory, and expanding telehealth services were also achieved.
AMAC Action also launched a year-long national campaign to encourage AMAC members to participate in 2022’s elections by becoming poll watchers and election workers.
Here are some of the advocacy wins secured in 2022:
Facilitating conservative scrutiny of the primary and midterm elections
• Beginning with recognition of National Poll Worker Recruitment Day, AMAC Action drove over 12,000 AMAC members to poll watcher/election worker recruiting websites in states throughout the country to learn more about working the polls in their local precincts for the 2022 primary and midterm elections. Thanks to this effort by AMAC members, some states with critical shortages of workers experienced over 90 percent worker coverage with some Georgia precincts noting a 100 percent capacity for workers during their runoff election.
Supporting Election Integrity
• AMAC members in New Mexico sent 13,939 messages to the state Senate demanding that they oppose so-called voters rights legislation. Their opposition resulted in stopping the bill during both the regular budgetary legislative session and a subsequent special session.
• AMAC members sent over 4,000 messages to their Florida state representatives and senators urging passage of vital election integrity legislation which was later signed into law by Governor Ron DeSantis.
Working to lower drug costs
• AMAC members left 17,245 comments on a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website telling the commission to investigate the business practices of pharmacy benefit managers (PBM) that have been shown to increase drug costs in the outpatient prescription drug supply chain. The FTC, citing the sheer volume of comments received, responded by announcing its plans to investigate these anticompetitive business practices of the top six PBMs.
Fighting for hospital price transparency
• Colorado AMAC members sent the state legislature over 930 messages telling it to support H.B. 1285, a measure that would disallow a hospital to pursue medical debt from patients if it was not first in compliance with federal hospital price transparency laws. Thanks to AMAC’s support, the bill passed the legislature and was signed into law by Governor Jared Polis.
Voicing opposition to “woke” corporate policies
• AMAC members voiced their opposition to The Walt Disney Company’s “woke” policies by sending 145,119 emails, making 3,549 telephone calls, among numerous other advocate actions, to Disney executives and board members. Disney fired its head of corporate affairs two weeks after this campaign was launched and fired its CEO later in the year.
Battling gender lunacy
• Indiana AMAC members contacted their state legislature with over 1,400 messages telling it to override Governor Eric Holcomb’s veto of HEA 1041. This legislation would prevent biological boys from participating in girls’ sports and works to keep them out of girls’ locker rooms and restrooms in public schools. Pressure from AMAC members resulted in the legislature successfully overriding the veto.
The advocacy successes in 2022 would not have occurred were it not for the efforts of the AMAC Army. Now numbering over 341,600, these citizen advocates, through their consistent response to calls-to-action combined with the activity of AMAC Action’s volunteer Delegates and Chapter Leaders, superbly complement the work done by the Government Relations Team in Washington, DC. The ever-growing AMAC Army is a significant factor in AMAC Action’s prominence as the foremost conservative advocacy organization in the United States.
We hope you've enjoyed this article. While you're here, we have a small favor to ask...
Support AMAC Action. Our 501 (C)(4) advances initiatives on Capitol Hill, in the state legislatures, and at the local level to protect American values, free speech, the exercise of religion, equality of opportunity, sanctity of life, and the rule of law.Donate Now