Sponsored by Vacations By Rail
Train travel is experiencing a renaissance. Here are five reasons why a rail vacation should be on your bucket list.
- Rail vacations deliver an immersive travel experience. Whether you’re traveling like a local aboard one of Europe’s local or high-speed trains or touring through the heart of breathtaking scenery inaccessible by other modes of transportation, rail journeys offer a distinctive and memorable experience.
- From America’s national parks and the Canadian Rockies to Europe’s historic cities and exotic destinations beyond, you can find an endless variety of well-planned rail itineraries. Choose the vacation style that matches your travel preference: Escorted tours for those who wish to travel in a small group led by a professional Tour Manager or Independent vacations for those who wish to travel at their own pace.
- Traveling by train is more spacious and comfortable than other modes of travel. Whether your rail vacation includes legendary overnight trains or scenic all-daylight rail expeditions, generous seating and a choice of onboard accommodations allow you to stretch out and enjoy the ride. Plus, when you travel by rail, you’re not confined to your seat. In fact, you’re encouraged to explore the train. One of the most popular spots on a train is the lounge car, offering a new perspective on the scenery through which you’re traveling along with a chance to meet your fellow travelers.
- The cornerstone of a rail vacation is travel aboard one or more iconic trains, but that’s just the beginning. Our comprehensive itineraries are rounded out with comfortable lodging and memorable sightseeing and dining experiences.
- With a rail vacation, your trip starts the moment you step onboard the train because the journey is part of your adventure. Leave the driving and navigation to someone else as you sit back, relax, and enjoy the views. There’s no need to stop for meals or lodging. Instead, head to the café or dining car for a hot meal and to your onboard accommodations to rest. Spend your time on the train immersed in the changing scenery, reconnecting with your travel companions and meeting new friends from destinations around the world.
Learn more about where rail can take you by contacting Vacations By Rail, North America’s leading provider of rail vacations. Call 877-231-5251 to speak with a rail specialist or visit www.vacationsbyrail.com/amac to start planning your rail vacation.