Cutting Regulations at Record Pace
- President Trump reversed the disastrous overregulation of the previous administration and has undertaken a historic deregulation agenda.
- Under President Trump, agencies have taken 7 deregulatory actions for every new regulation.
- These efforts have already saved $50 billion in regulatory costs so far, with more to come.
Lowering Costs of American Families
- The President’s deregulation will boost household income annually by $3,100 in the coming years.
- Families will have access to cheaper cars thanks to President Trump’s rollback of the Obama-era CAFE regulations.
- President Trump has cut red tape in the healthcare industry, which will save patients nearly 10 percent on prescription drugs.
Lifting Up Forgotten American
- The cost of regulations falls disproportionately on lower-income Americans.
- Regulations raise prices, hurting lower-income Americans who must spend a larger portion of their income on heavily regulated goods like transportation, food, and healthcare.
- Overregulation in the labor sector can lead employers to replace some workers with cheaper machines, killing jobs for many Americans.
These regulatory changes, along with other actions to bolster the economy by President Trump and his administration, have helped America weather the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. You have to ask the question: “Where would America be today if we did not have Trump’s booming economy six months ago?”