Social Security 1099s – In An Instant

Getting ready to prepare your income tax returns can be a hassle, especially for those of us who haven’t been diligent in holding on to our records.  Seniors who misplace their SSA 1099 forms have the extra aggravation of having to call and/or visit their local Social Security office to get replacements, according to the Association of Mature American Citizens.

But, now all you have to do is use the Internet to open a free mySocialSecurity account and access your 1099s electronically.  You can view and print them in an instant.

Carolyn W. Colvin, Acting Commissioner of Social Security, says: “beginning this tax season, any mySocialSecurity account holder who misplaces their original SSA-1099 will be able to request an instant replacement from our menu of online services.  Setting up a mySocialSecurity account is quick, easy, and secure; plus it’s a great way to do business with Social Security.”

If You Enjoy Articles Like This - Subscribe to the AMAC Daily Newsletter!

Sign Up Today

Leave a Reply

2 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
2 Comment authors
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Jim Nordness

I have been paying social security “TAX” for over 5 decades! Why should we pay taxes on a tax??

Keith E Hardman

I tried your suggestion to get my SSA 1099. Could not find a link on the SSA website for getting the 1099.


Keith Hardman