SAVING AMERICAN LIVES
- Thanks to President Trump’s unprecedented action, no American who has needed a ventilator has gone without one so far.
- Ventilator production continues to ramp up nationwide to ensure we have the supplies needed to face this crisis and are more than prepared for the future.
DISTRIBUTING VENTILATORS TO HARD HIT AREAS
- Early on, President Trump directed his administration to move heaven and earth to make sure ventilators got to where they were needed most.
- Recently, the Administration worked with the private sector on a system to allow hospitals to lend ventilators directly to other hospitals that need them.
- Now, hard hit states like New York, California, and Washington have actually been able to send excess ventilators to other states that need them.
- New York announced yesterday it would be sending 100 ventilators to Michigan and 50 ventilators to Maryland.
RAMPING UP PRODUCTION
- As President Trump stated this week: “Last year, America manufactured, from a dead start, 30,000 ventilators. And this year, the number will be over 150,000 ventilators.”
- President Trump effectively used the Defense Production Act, spurring a massive mobilization by the private sector to produce ventilators.
- Thanks to the President’s efforts, GM announced the first ventilators have been completed at its plant in Indiana – shipping 600 ventilators this month with thousands more to come.