PROTECTING VULNERABLE CITIZENS IN AMERICA’S NURSING HOMES:
- The Trump Administration has provided technical assistance and support to nursing homes and States throughout the pandemic, including onsite visits to higher-risk nursing homes.
- The Trump Administration provided funding for increased inspections and provided every Medicare-certified nursing home with multiple shipments of PPE.
- President Trump’s “Opening Up America Again” guidelines encouraged States to take additional measures to protect the safety of senior citizens and other vulnerable populations.
- President Trump signed historic legislation that provides funding and flexibility for emergency nutritional aid for vulnerable Americans, including senior citizens.
EXPANDING ACCESS TO CARE:
- At President Trump’s direction, his Administration dramatically expanded Medicare telehealth coverage, allowing beneficiaries to receive healthcare services from the safety of their homes.
- Since President Trump took office, average Medicare premiums have fallen by 34%, with some states enjoying over a 50% cut in prices.
- Premiums for Medicare Part D are down 12% on average for seniors under President Trump.
- President Trump has signed executive orders to strengthen Medicare and reduce drug prices for our nation’s seniors.
- The President announced that his administration would be sending prescription drug discount cards to over 33 million seniors.
- President Trump’s steadfast commitment to make Medicare more efficient has resulted in additional plans, improved benefits, and reduced costs for American seniors.
- The number of Medicare Advantage plans available for seniors has surged to 4,800, a 77% increase since President Trump took office.
- Seniors now have more options than ever to ensure that have access to a flexible plan that fits their needs.