National Day of Prayer
- As the country recognizes National Day of Prayer, all Americans should know that the President will always protect the right of all Americans to live their faith.
- In remarks last month, the President asked Americans to pray for our nation as we come together to combat the coronavirus.
- PRESIDENT TRUMP 4/10/20: “I ask all Americans to pray that God will heal our nation; to bring comfort to those who are grieving; to give strength to the doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers; to restore health to the sick; and to renew the hope in every person who is suffering. Our nation will come through like never before.”
Protecting Religious Liberty
- Throughout his Administration, President Trump has shown his steadfast commitment to upholding religious freedom.
- President Trump hosted the Global Call to Protect Religious Freedom at the U.N. General Assembly, calling on leaders to bring an end to religious persecution.
- In 2018, President Trump signed an Executive Order establishing the White House Faith and Opportunity Initiative.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, his Administration has vigorously defended religious liberty in the courts at every opportunity.
- President Trump reversed the Obama-era policy that prevented the government from providing disaster relief to religious organizations.
Standing Up for Life
- President Trump has continually stood up for the sanctity of life.
- President Trump took action to prevent Title X family planning funds from supporting the abortion industry.
- The President has repeatedly called on Congress to end late term abortions.
- The Administration rescinded an Obama-era guidance that prevented states from taking certain actions against abortion providers.
- Shortly after taking office, President Trump reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy, ensuring that taxpayer money is not used to fund abortion globally.