Traveling is a fun, exciting journey that is better when shared with a loved one, therefore bringing your pet along while traveling has increased in popularity as pet owners are choosing not to leave their furry companion behind. When traveling with your pet, it is very important to plan ahead to keep you and your best friend safe and comfortable while on the road. Below is everything you need to know, from pet travel tips, to important items to bring, and most importantly, the perfect pet-friendly place to stay while on your adventure.
At Red Roof Inn, we do whatever it takes to make you and your whole family feel comfortable. That’s why we invite you to relax with your four-legged family member at one of our 450+ locations. And, unlike other “pet friendly” hotels, there are no additional charges. We have plenty of Red Roof’s that are located conveniently right by the highway, making it an easy stop for you and your pet to take a little break from your travels without going out of the way.
Here are some helpful tips to follow that will make your travel experience a great and safe one:
What to Bring:
- Pet carrier
- Bowls for food and water
- Leash or harness
- Collar with tags
- Baggies for cleanup
- Litter and litter box if traveling with your cat
- Medical records
- Ensure your pet has a proper collar with up-to-date contact information.
- Consider a first-aid kit with tweezers, gauze and antiseptic.
- Keep a health certificate and photo of your pet with you while traveling.
- Use a travel carrier or harness. It’s safest for your animal to be in a pet carrier or wearing a secured harness when traveling. Many pet-supply retails sell seat belt adapters, car seats and cargo barriers.
- Never leave your pet in the car unattended.
- Have frequent pit stops for exercise and bathroom breaks.
When traveling with your pet, we invite you to share your travel pet pictures with Red Roof on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! We love seeing all of your pets and reposting and sharing them with our social community.
Remember when traveling, if you need a place to stay for the night, Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly hotel where we consider your pet part of the family and they always stay free! To add even more WOW to your stay, look for one of our Red Roof PLUS+ properties, which includes NextGen® upgrades like modern furniture, flat screen TVs, 36 HD channels, vessel sinks, wood-like floors, additional electrical outlets, a 100% smoke-free designation, Rest Suite beds by Serta®, high-end bedding, and renovated lobby featuring stone accent wall.
For more information on Red Roof, fun pet facts, dog park locations, discounts, pet events, videos and more, check out www.redroofpets.com.
Safe travels and happy adventures to you and your pet!