Last month was the WORST January on U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) record in over 20 years. For the 23rd month in a row, our southern border had more than 150,000 illegal encounters in January.
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- In January, our southern border had 156,274 illegal crossings, according to CBP records.
- Last month was the worst January in over 20 years of CBP’s record for monthly crossings.
- January was also the 23rd consecutive month that our southern border had more than 150,000 illegal crossings.
- Nearly 70% of these encounters were single adults.
- 1,400 pounds of fentanyl was seized at our southern border last month, making January the seventh month in a row with over a thousand pounds of fentanyl uncovered by Border Patrol agents.
- 15 more suspected terrorists were apprehended at our southern border in January.
- In just the first four months of FY 2023, 53 people whose names appear on the terrorist watch list were stopped trying to cross the southern border.
- This total is more than the encounters in all FY17, FY18, FY19, FY20, and FY21 combined.
- Since Joe Biden took office:
MAKE NO MISTAKE: President Biden has risked our national security by failing to secure our southern border. In the new House Republican Majority, we are working to secure our border, demand transparency for the American people, and hold Joe Biden accountable for his failed open-border policies.