President Trump continues to mobilize American industry to ensure all Americans have access to supplies and resources to protect their health, safety, and economic opportunity. Today, President Trump traveled to Michigan to hold a listening session with African-American leaders and visit the Ford Motor Company Rawsonville manufacturing plant, which is currently producing PPE and ventilators.
- President Trump has utilized the Defense Production Act to spur unprecedented private sector action to produce resources needed for coronavirus response.
- As a result of the President’s efforts, all Americans have access to a ventilator if needed and 1,300 ventilators have been shipped to allies overseas.
SBA Administrator: Public-Private Partnerships Will Lead Recovery (HERE)
- To date, the state’s small business sector has received more than $16.5 billion in emergency capital through the PPP. The forgivable loan program, which helps small businesses cover two months of payroll and other fixed expenses, helped stabilize more than 114,000 Michigan businesses that have been hammered by lockdowns and necessary social distancing requirements.
FDA Provides Promised Transparency for Antibody Tests (HERE)
- Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration posted a list of antibody tests that are being removed from the “notification list” of tests being offered under the Policy for Coronavirus Disease-2019 Tests During the Public Health Emergency.
- FDA Daily Roundup – May 20, 2020 (HERE)
USDA to Provide $1 Billion in Loan Guarantees for Rural Businesses and Ag Producers (HERE)
- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue today announced that the Department is making available up to $1 billion in loan guarantees to help rural businesses meet their working capital needs during the coronavirus pandemic.
U.S. Department of Energy Announces $53 Million for Small Business Research and Development Grants (HERE)
- Today, U.S. Secretary of Energy Dan Brouillette announced that the Department of Energy will award 256 grants totaling $53 million to 211 small businesses in 35 states and the District of Columbia.
Coronavirus Pandemic Response: PPE Packages for Nursing Homes (HERE)
- Under direction of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, FEMA is coordinating two shipments totaling a 14-day supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) to nearly 15,000 nursing homes across the Nation.
TSA Prepared for Summer Travelers with Updated Security Procedures (HERE)
- With the Memorial Day holiday weekend kicking off the start of summer, the Transportation Security Administration is preparing a very different travel season given the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. TSA has implemented changes to the security screening process that reduce the potential for cross-contamination at the security checkpoint in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Resumption of Elective Surgery (HERE)
- Recently, the department updated the policy on elective surgeries and procedures. This policy aligns the resumption of elective procedures with the department’s health protection condition (HPCON) framework and the administration’s Opening Up America Again plan.
- Resuming Elective Surgical, Invasive, and Dental Procedures in Military Medical and Dental Treatment Facilities (HERE)