STRENGTHENING OUR NATIONAL STOCKPILE
- President Trump is strengthening our strategic national stockpile to ensure we are prepared to meet any challenge.
- President Trump worked with Congress to secure $16 billion to build up the national stockpile with critical supplies, including ventilators, masks, respirators, and pharmaceuticals.
- In response to the coronavirus, President Trump has revolutionized the strategic national stockpile through advanced technological systems and commercial distributor partnerships.
- President Trump has led the greatest public and private sector mobilization effort since WWII to secure needed supplies.
- Thanks to President Trump’s efforts, we procured 100,000 ventilators to be manufactured in 100 days.
BRINGING BACK AMERICAN MANUFACTURING
- President Trump has worked tirelessly to bring American manufacturing back to the U.S., including the production of critical medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- PRESIDENT TRUMP: “Our goal for the future must be to have American medicine for American patients, American supplies for American hospitals, and American equipment for our great American heroes. Now, both parties must unite to ensure the United States is truly an independent nation in every sense of the word.”
- President Trump has called for self-reliance through a strong manufacturing sector. We must never be forced to rely on another country for the means of our own security.
- PRESIDENT TRUMP: “We should never be reliant on a foreign country for the means of our own survival. I think we’ve learned a lot. This crisis has underscored just how critical it is to have strong borders and a robust manufacturing sector. For three years, we’ve embarked on a great national project to secure our immigration system and bring back our manufacturing jobs.”