An update provided by the White House.
President Trump, Vice President Pence, and members of the Coronavirus Task Force held a virtual townhall from the White House on March 24th. In just the past few days, he and his Administration have:
- Signed an order to prevent hoarding and price-gouging of crucial supplies
- Approved multiple major disaster declarations for impacted areas
- Partnered with America’s top tech companies to unleash supercomputing resources to fight the virus
- Paved the way for low-interest disaster loans to help small businesses
- Moved Tax Day for all Americans from April 15 to July 15
All of these actions are aimed squarely at responding to this global pandemic and protecting American families. President Trump is taking this crisis seriously—both the public health threat and the economic pressure facing middle-class Americans.
The Trump Administration is completely mobilized to protect the American people from the spread of the coronavirus and treat those who are afflicted. Here are just some of the actions being taken by federal agencies:
HHS Awards $100 Million to Health Centers for COVID-19 Response
- HHS, through the Health Resources and Services Administration, awarded $100 million to 1,381 health centers across the country with funding provided by the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2020.
CMS Approves Medicaid Section 1135 Waivers for 11 Additional States in Response to COVID-19
- The waivers were approved within days of states’ submitting them and offer states new flexibilities to focus their resources on combatting the outbreak and providing the best possible care to Medicaid beneficiaries in their states. These waivers support President Trump’s commitment to operating a COVID-19 response that is locally executed, state managed and federally supported.
FDA Takes Action to Increase U.S. Supplies Through Instructions for Personal Protective Equipment and Device Manufacturers
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration took action to increase U.S. supplies to support the U.S. response to COVID-19 by providing instructions to manufacturers importing personal protective equipment and other devices.
The President may have moved Federal Tax Day back for everyone but our Democrat POS Louisiana Governor is holding business state income tax filing deadlines to April 15. Let’s put all the pressure on businesses and corporate America and when this is over, and it will pass, and NO ONE will have a job. The Democrat run government will be able to say who gets to eat or live and how and where they mandate. It’s a shame that the Democrats prey on people who don’t know any better.
President Trump’s demonstration of his leadership during this pandemic has earned him good approval ratings (49% generally, and 60% on the pandemic). He recently announced that he hopes America can go back to work by Easter, but I’m wondering if it is too early to make that call. A lot can happen in 2 or 3 weeks, as the past few weeks have shown us. As long as the numbers of new cases and deaths continue to climb (I don’t trust China’s announcement that they have no new cases), we should continue social shutdown.
Providing financial assistance ($trillions!) to prop up health care and prevent an economic disaster for the American people are under consideration. I hope our congressmen don’t try to load the bill with unrelated “assistance”, like funding for the Kennedy Center and the green new deal. Leave it to the adults in the room to prioritize, and don’t vote for a bill calling for irresponsible appropriations.
Stay home. Be well.
Pelosi wanted the New Green Deal part of this trillion dollars. I believe the Democrats included what they wanted in this trillion dollars. That’s why they didn’t vote the first time. I cannot believe their actions on this. We are for the Americans and trying to help them thru this crisis.
Kim you must be living in another world you are as closed as a coconut ,you have to be a fanatic to say that his leadership earned him good reviews, he has no choice but to work for the people; what he is doing is politically motivated. He don’t give a crap about you or me, he is doing it for himself