Is Long Term Care Insurance Right for You?
You SHOULD consider buying LTC Insurance if:
- You want to protect some of your assets and income
- You can pay premiums, including possible premium increases, without financial difficulty
- You want to stay independent of the support of others
- You have significant assets and income
- You want to have the flexibility of choosing care in the setting you prefer or will be most comfortable in.
You SHOULD NOT consider buying LTC Insurance if:
- You cannot afford the premiums
- You have limited assets
- Your only source of income is a Social Security benefit or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- You often have trouble paying for utilities, food, medicine, or other important needs