President Trump Is Committed to Providing Americans with the Vital Mental Health Resources They Need During This Challenging Time
- President Donald J. Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, First Lady Melania Trump, and Second Lady Karen Pence spoke by telephone with hundreds of American mental health professionals, leaders, and advocates to discuss the effects COVID-19 is having on the American people. Today’s COVID-19 call was the first to bring these four influential leaders together on one issue. The President recognized that a great number of Americans are enduring hardships – including loneliness from social distancing, despair from being out of work, anxiety from the danger of the virus, and grief from the loss of a loved one. President Trump thanked the doctors, counselors, and many other mental health professionals on the call for providing vital mental health services during this time through tele-health. The mental health professionals thanked President Trump for his attention to mental health during this challenging time, including $425 million for mental health and substance abuse services included in the CARES Act, expansion of tele-Mental Health services, and increased capacity of the Disaster Distress Hotline. President Trump remains committed to providing Americans with vital mental health resources and services and to continuing the Administration’s efforts to combat drug demand and the opioid crisis.
Federal Reserve Takes Additional Actions to Provide Up To $2.3 Trillion in Loans to Support the Economy (HERE)
- The Federal Reserve on Thursday took additional actions to provide up to $2.3 trillion in loans to support the economy. This funding will assist households and employers of all sizes and bolster the ability of state and local governments to deliver critical services during the coronavirus pandemic.
Treasury and IRS Extend Over 300 Tax Filing, Payment and Administrative Deadlines (HERE)
- The Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service today announced they are extending the deadline for many administrative acts under the tax law as well as the tax filing and payment deadlines for fiscal year businesses, tax-exempt organizations and certain estates and trusts.
FDA Issues Best Practices on Safe Food Handling and Employee Health in Retail Food Settings (HERE)
- Today, the FDA issued information and best practices for retail food stores, restaurants, and pick-up and delivery services during the pandemic to protect workers and customers.
Corps of Engineers Makes Way for Thousands of Hospital Beds (HERE)
- The Army Corps of Engineers is making significant progress in providing thousands of hospital beds for the battle against the COVID-19 pandemic in facilities built to handle patients with and without the virus.
Corps of Engineers Rapidly Assessing, Building Hospital Spaces (HERE)
- At the request of mayors and governors from multiple states and territories, Army Corps of Engineers personnel are assessing or building structures for both non-COVID-19 and COVID-19 hospitals.
Mobility Airmen Transport Medics, Supplies in COVID-19 Fight (HERE)
- Air Force Reserve mobility airmen from California answered an urgent request to deploy medical personnel to New York to help combat COVID-19.