Treasury, IRS Deliver Economic Impact Payments to 130 Million Americans in Record Time ( HERE )
- The U.S. Department of the Treasury and IRS today announced that nearly 130 million Americans have received Economic Impact Payments, worth more than $218 billion, in less than five weeks. These totals do not include the more than $2.5 billion delivered to U.S. territories for payment to territory residents.
Act by Wednesday for Chance to Get Quicker Economic Impact Payment; Timeline For Payments Continues to Accelerate ( HERE )
- With a variety of steps underway to speed Economic Impact Payments, the Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service urged people to use Get My Payment by noon Wednesday, May 13, for a chance to get a quicker delivery.
Secretary Azar Statement on Senate Confirmation of Brett Giroir to WHO Executive Board ( HERE )
- “Admiral Giroir is a superbly qualified science and public health leader, perfectly suited to represent the United States on the WHO Executive Board. We are grateful to the Senate for confirming him at such a crucial time for global health cooperation. The COVID-19 pandemic has made clear the longstanding need to focus WHO on information sharing and coordination during disease outbreaks, and Admiral Giroir will play a key role as the United States works with nations around the world to reform WHO with that goal in mind.”
What Long-haul Truck Drivers Need to Know about COVID-19 ( HERE )
- As a long-haul truck driver, you spend many hours alone in the cab of your truck. However, there are times when you will be at increased risk of exposure to COVID-19. For long-haul truck drivers, potential sources of exposure include having close contact with truck stop attendants, store workers, dock workers, other truck drivers, or others with COVID-19, and touching your nose, mouth, or eyes after contacting surfaces touched or handled by a person with COVID-19.
USDA Approves $1.2 billion in Contracts for Farmers to Families Food Box Program ( HERE )
- Through this program, USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) is partnering with national, regional and local suppliers, whose workforce has been significantly impacted by the closure of restaurants, hotels and other food service businesses, to purchase up to $3 billion in fresh produce, dairy and meat products. The program will purchase $461 million in fresh fruits and vegetables, $317 million in a variety of dairy products, $258 million in meat products and $175 million in a combination box of fresh produce, dairy or meat products.
America’s Meatpacking Facilities Practicing Safe Reopening to Ensure a Stable Food Supply ( HERE )
- S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue today applauded the safe reopening of critical infrastructure meatpacking facilities across the United States. These meatpacking facilities have resumed or plan to resume operations this week following President Trump’s Executive Order directing the facilities to implement the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines specifically created for the meat and poultry sector response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Secretary of Commerce Allocates $300 Million in CARES Act Aid to U.S. Fishermen and Seafood Industries Impacted by COVID-19 ( HERE )
- Today, Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross announced the allocation of $300 million in economic relief to U.S. fishermen and seafood industries impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The funds were allocated as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), signed into law on March 27 by President Trump.