Food or kitchen hacks are techniques used by home cooks and professional chefs to make the task of preparing food fast, easy, and efficient. Enjoy these helpful hacks:
- Use mason jars to mix and store salad dressings. Simply shake, serve, and use your sealed mason jar to store leftover dressing in the fridge.
- Get an eggshell fragment in your raw eggs? Simply scoop it out using the larger portion of the eggshell.
- Making mini meatballs? Use a small melon baller as a scoop to make them all the same size.
- Want to get a jump start on your mashed potatoes? Wash, peel, and cut raw potatoes in advance, place them in an airtight container and cover them with cold water, close the lid and stick them in the fridge for a few hours in advance before preparing. Not only will this keep the cut potatoes from turning brown, but it will also help remove some unwanted starch.
- Let your sheet pan double as a preparation tray. Prep your ingredients ahead and keep them organized on the tray. Or use the sheet pan to transport ingredients outside to the grill.
- Freeze leftover tomato or pesto sauce in ice cube trays. The cubes can be added in single servings to recipes such as soups or stews.
- Need to chill wine fast? Simply immerse the bottle in ice water and add a few little handfuls of salt. Rotate bottle occasionally. Will chill in 20 minutes or less.
- Spritz the inside of your cheese grater with cooking spray to keep the cheese from sticking. Clean up will be a breeze!
- Create a make-your-own taco bar. Use your muffin tin to hold assorted toppings such as cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro and more!
These are just a few of many great hacks that can make tasks related to meal preparation and serving easier. Please feel free to comment below with some of your best tips!