This baked shrimp scampi recipe serves 4.
- ¼ cup good quality olive oil
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. white wine
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (31/35 shrimp count)
- Optional (cooked fettuccine)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once gently melted, remove the pan from the heat and add in the oregano, wine, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley. Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings if necessary. Gently mix the raw shrimp with the garlic butter, lay them on their sides in a baking dish, and pour leftover scampi butter over them. Cook in a preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes until shrimp are cooked through. Serve over fettuccine and add extra parsley for garnish if desired.
- Over 5 billion lbs. of shrimp are produced every single year, and one billion of them are consumed by Americans.
- Shrimp are widely celebrated! April 29th is National Shrimp Scampi Day and May 9th is National Shrimp Day.
- The name for raw, uncooked shrimp is ‘green.’ Shrimp that has been broiled or sauteed in butter and garlic is generally termed ‘Scampi.’
We hope you've enjoyed this article. While you're here, we have a small favor to ask...
Support the AMAC Foundation. Our 501(c)(3) powers the AMAC Foundation’s Social Security Advisory Services. This team of nationally accredited advisors offers on-time, on-the-mark guidance for those approaching or receiving Social Security – at no cost.Donate Now