- President Trump announced an agreement with Moderna to manufacture and deliver 100 million doses of their coronavirus vaccine candidate.
- Recently, the Administration also secured partnerships with Johnson & Johnson, as well as Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline, to support the large-scale manufacturing of their vaccines.
- Three vaccine candidates are now in phase three trials already – the final stage of clinical trials.
- The Trump Administration is investing in the development and manufacture of the top six vaccine candidates to ensure rapid delivery and are on track to rapidly produce 100 million doses as soon as the vaccine is approved, and up to 500 million shortly thereafter.
- The United States treated more than 86,000 Americans with convalescent plasma.
- The United States has now conducted more than 66 million tests, far more than any other nation in the world.
- Protecting our nursing home residents remains a critical focus for the Trump Administration. HHS recently announced that they will use the provider relief fund to deliver an additional $5 billion dollars to further protect nursing homes and long-term care facilities as they continue to combat the coronavirus.
- Over 1800 rapid point-of-care testing devices have been delivered to nursing homes and the Administration is in the process of delivering these devices to all 15,000 Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing homes by the end of September.
- 87% of the counties in the United States reported declining cases.
- Mortality has declined by 7% and hospitalizations are declining rapidly.
- States that were primary hotspots such as Florida, Texas, and Arizona have reduced cases by nearly 25%.
- Since the end of July, the seven-day average for cases in the United States has fallen by nearly 20%.
If You Enjoy Articles Like This - Subscribe to the AMAC Daily Newsletter
Sign Up Today
and Download the AMAC News App
If You Enjoy Articles Like This - Subscribe to the AMAC Daily Newsletter!