- The President delivered a message of unity and the American people have responded. Millions of Americans are doing their part to slow the spread and protect the lives of others.
- President Trump has taken unprecedented action to respond to this crisis, leading a massive mobilization of the public and private sectors.
- The President’s top priority will always be the health, safety, and wellbeing of the American people.
- HHS has begun immediately distributing an initial $30 billion in funding from the CARES Act to support healthcare providers.
- The Department of Education announced more than $6 billion in grant funding to help college students impacted by the coronavirus’ cancellation of classes.
- CDC released new guidelines to help ensure essential workers can continue to do their jobs after potential exposure to the virus.
- HHS announced a contract with Phillips under the Defense Production Act for the delivery of 2,500 ventilators by the end of May.
- HHS authorized licensed pharmacists to order and perform coronavirus testing.
- We have now conducted more than 2 million tests, far more than any other nation.
- More than 100,000 tests are being conducted every day.
- The U.S. Public Health Service has worked with states to help set up hundreds of drive through testing sites.
- The Administration has provided emergency authorization to commercial tests which can provide results in just minutes – a game changer in our efforts to ramp up testing nationwide.
- President Trump and his administration are moving heaven and earth to get critical supplies to where they are needed most.
- FEMA is working every day to distribute N95 masks, surgical masks, gloves, gowns, ventilators, and more to hard hit areas.
- Thanks to Project Airbridge we are airlifting supplies from around the world to the frontlines here in the U.S.
- The President has effectively leveraged the Defense Production Act and the private sector has responded, dramatically increasing production of supplies like ventilators and masks.
Paycheck Protection Program
- The Paycheck Protection Program is providing nearly $350 billion in forgivable loans to keep small businesses open and workers on payrolls.
- President Trump is calling on Congress to put partisanship aside and replenish funding for this program to ensure small businesses have the support they need.
- President Trump’s policies took this economy to historic heights and they will do so again.
- The President wants to see the country reopen and ensure we emerge healthy, stronger, and with a prosperous economy.
Help for Workers and Families
- The President is committed to supporting American workers and their families who are hurting through no fault of their own due to the coronavirus.
- The President signed the CARES Act providing historic relief for American workers.
- Thanks to this legislation, Americans will receive direct cash payments and can access significantly expanded unemployment insurance benefits.
Communicating with the American People
- President Trump utilizes the briefings to communicate directly with the American people and providing up to date information about the crisis we are facing together as a nation.
- The President is offering comfort and hope for all Americans during this time.
- The President is working closely with other foreign leaders to ensure stability in the global oil markets.