Did you know that the Annual Enrollment Period began on October 15th and ends December 7th?
The Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) is the time of year during which you are permitted to add, change, or drop your current Medicare Advantage Plan or Prescription Drug Plan without a “qualifying event.” Simply put, if you don’t like your existing Medicare Advantage Plan or Prescription Drug Plan, you can change it.
It is important that you review your existing coverage because many insurance companies change the plans that they offer year after year, or new plans become available that weren’t offered ever before.
Below are some tips on how you can take advantage of the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period.
- When was the last time you shopped your Medicare plan? Did you know that some Insurance Companies may be offering new, less expensive plans in your area?
- How much do your prescription drugs cost? Could there be a plan that offers better coverage?
- Are you satisfied with your existing co-payments and the premiums you pay? You could find a plan with lower co-payments and better premiums.
- Are you satisfied with the network of doctors and hospitals that participate in your Medicare plan? Make sure your doctors and hospitals will accept your plan.
- Have you looked at your maximum out of pocket expenses to determine if your plan is right for you?
AMAC Senior Resources Network takes pride in helping our members with their Medicare choices. AMAC’s trusted agents encourage you to contact us for information on which plans are available in your area. Call AMAC’s Medicare Department at 800-895-5883 to speak with one of our licensed insurance agents today.