AMAC, the Association for Mature Americans, has announced its official endorsement of the “Pickens Plan “for energy independence.
The Pickens Plan is the brainchild of T. Boone Pickens, the Texas billionaire who is pressing to have his plan adopted to allow America to become less dependent on foreign oil.
Dan Weber, president of AMAC, said on July 14th, 2009, “When the Department of Energy was established in 1977, the goal was to make the U.S. less dependent on foreign oil. Since then we have increased that dependence.
The result is that our members who are age 50 and older, have seen huge increases in the cost of gasoline and home heating fuel and it is breaking their backs!”
- We spent $475 Billion on foreign oil in 2008 alone.
- Projected over the next 10 years the cost will be 10 Trillion dollars
- The money we’ll spend in 2009 on foreign oil could build 34,407 new elementary schools
- Money spent in April 2009 could hire 364,000 teachers.
- We are now involved in the greatest transfer of wealth in the history of the World
Weber said” Why should we be giving the Sheiks in the Middle East, Hugo Chavez in Venezuela and the Russians our wealth?”
The Pickens Plan will create millions of new jobs by rebuilding our electrical grid, establishing wind turbines to generate electricity and by converting from oil to using our own natural gas.
AMAC is urging all of its members to participate in supporting the Pickens Plan.
For more information, contact Dan Weber or Gary Christiansen via email at: