As President Obama once again makes class warfare the centerpiece of his deficit reduction plan via a proposal of $1.5 trillion in new taxes, let’s take a peek at some recent stats and polling with respect to our Campaigner-in-chief.
- GALLUP – “Underemployment, a measure that combines the percentage of workers who are unemployed with the percentage working part time but wanting full-time work, is 18.5% in mid-September — the same as the 18.5% at the end of August and the 18.6% of mid-September a year ago.”
Hope and change, folks! Can’t you just feel the job-growth love?
- RASMUSSEN – “Among Undecided Voters, 64% Disapprove of Obama” – “Currently, among those who are undecided, just 34% approve of the way the president has handled his job, while 64% disapprove. Among those who prefer a third option rather than Obama or a particular GOP candidate, the president’s numbers are even weaker: 13% approve, and 87% disapprove.”
Say it with me: one-term president.
RASMUSSEN – “44% Conservative, 40% Moderate, 11% Liberal on Fiscal Issues” As I have been saying for some time, this President’s policies are antithetical to the will of the American majority. It is up to Republicans, particularly 2012 contenders, to adeptly articulate that.
- GALLUP – “Three Years After Crisis, Little Sign of Economic Relief in U.S.” – “Americans’ confidence in the U.S. economy is now at its lowest point since February 2009 — near the conclusion of the recession that officially ended in June 2009 … Seventy-seven percent said the economy was getting worse in August, the highest — by far — since February 2009, the month in which Congress passed a $787 billion stimulus bill in hopes of lifting the U.S. economy out the depths of the recession … Americans’ spending has remained essentially stagnant since it fell dramatically in January 2009.”
Time for new leadership in 2012? I would certainly say so.
- THE HILL – “U.S. stance on Israel important to voters” – “Independent voters might again be a problem for the president on this question, with nearly 4 in 10 believing he is ‘anti-Israel.’ Fifty percent of independents also said Obama is ‘not supportive enough’ of Israel in responding to a separate question, making them even more strident than Republicans, slightly less than half of whom said Obama does not support Israel enough.”
Independents will be the key to the 2012 election. A problem for our President?
You bet it is.
- CBS NEWS/NEW YORK TIMES – “72% of Americans think the country is off on the wrong track, the highest percentage so far since President Obama took office … President Obama now garners the lowest approval rating of his presidency – 43% approve of the job he’s doing while 50% disapprove – and most disapprove of how he’s handling both the economy and job creation.”
Our President now has a record. Unfortunately for him, many people aren’t blindly following his catchy slogans like they did in 2008. Instead, they are paying attention to his failed policies.
2012 GOP contenders, this President’s policies are not only unsuccessful, but unpopular. His record when it comes to the economy and job growth is abysmal. His far-left, big-government, tax-and-spend agenda has dug us deeper and deeper into a debt hole. And his class-warfare driven talking points go against everything this country stands for.
He has given you all the tools with which to defeat him. Now get out there and make him a one-term president.